TELEMEDICINE IS NOW AVAILABLE TO OUR PATIENTS. Telemedicine involves electronic communication with our physician via a computer or phone from the comfort of your home. Please contact us at 703-369-9070 for answers to any questions you may have regarding telemedicine or to schedule your telemedicine appointment.
At Northern Virginia Orthopaedic Specialists, nothing is more important than the health and well-being of our patients and staff. Our office is open and ready to serve you in any way we can during this challenging time. As the situation around novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to evolve, we would like to assure you we are following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines to keep you safe while visiting our office. These measures include:
- Frequent cycle disinfecting of all areas of our waiting rooms, exam rooms, restrooms, and therapy equipment.
- We are following strict handwashing guidelines for all employees.
- We have implemented preemptive screening of all patients, visitors, staff, and physicians before entering our offices, including temperature checks. If someone has a temperature of 100.4°F or higher, they will be asked to leave.
- Patients now have the option to wait in their car instead of our waiting rooms. Please call us at 703-369-9070 when you arrive in the parking lot.
- We are following social distancing protocols by limiting the number of seats available in our waiting rooms.
- We have made adjustments to our normal operating schedule to reduce the amount of patients in our office at one time.
- We are making every effort to move patients into exam rooms as quickly as possible to limit person to person interactions. In an effort to maintain the safety of our patients and staff, we ask that you please come alone to your appointment or only bring one person with you if necessary. If you need transport assistance when you arrive for your appointment from the lobby to our office, please call us when you arrive at 703-369-9070.
- We are asking all new patients to complete the new patient forms located under the FOR PATIENTS tab on our website prior to your appointment.
If you are not feeling well, we strongly encourage you reschedule your appointment. The CDC recommends rescheduling your appointment if you meet any of the following criteria:
- You are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, or shortness of breath) or have been in close contact with someone who is experiencing symptoms.
- You have been exposed to COVID-19 or have been in close contact with someone who has been exposed.
- You have recently traveled out of the country or have been on a cruise ship.
- You are considered a high-risk patient (defined by the CDC as 60 years or older, or if you have a chronic medical condition such as heart disease, diabetes, or lung disease).
Our physicians and staff take our role seriously in keeping our community healthy. With your help, we can safely get through this challenge to the health of our community. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation and are staying up-to-date with the latest information from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), World Health Organization (WHO), and local health departments. For information on COVID-19 prevention, symptoms, and what to do if you are feeling sick, please visit the CDC website or contact the Virginia State Department.
If you have any other questions or need additional information please contact us at 703-369-9070.